Saturday, December 19, 2020

I wonder if when you die, if that's it?




"I wonder if when you die, if that's it? I mean, do you know nothing anymore. No more eating, enjoying, you know living." My eyes got real big. Where did this come from I wondered? He acted like he was waiting on me or my other co-worker to say something. I had only being working with the other guy a couple months. I spoke up,"I believe is more to what we can see. When my father was in the hospital, he told me of so many wonderful things he was experiencing. He was terminalyet, his faith never waivered." I went on to talk about all the things we went through. "I don't have an answer for it all. It's all a matter of faith. I could tell you about it all day, and you might think I'm crazy. Words don't do justice for it. A man has to make up his own mind. But I know what I seen and heard. My assurance lies in Someone else's hands. Dad gave me a glimpse of heaven's treasures. In turn, he left me a legacy." All was silent after that. Nothing was said the rest of the break. The hours rolled forward on that factory floor. I wonder if something I said soaked in with him. I'm still lost in my soul searching in someways. I still seek answers. I still won't be satisfied until I see for myself. God will decide if and when I do in this life. But I sure can't wait to take the guided tour with Dad when I get there. by Lance Gargus
"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels