Saturday, January 16, 2021

A Ship's Destiny

Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Hebrews 6:19 Heavenly Father,
Your son is my anchor and I am just a ship seeking his destiny, of that I'm sure. But I sure have a hard time reading the stars on this trip. So I look to the map you gave me, the Bible, but I ain't much good at reading maps. You know I don't want to get lost at sea on life's little trip. Onward moves time's lonely ocean voyage. I use my conscience as a compass to try to read that map. I sure miss my earthly father's moral compass helping me to translate. I've torn my knees up praying when times were looking bad, only to forget You when I'm flying high above it all. Spent so much time flying high I spend more time lying face first in the ground. Dear Father, I've the scars to show from all the time I spent falling down. It's going to be a long hard ride, but I have to take it. So, God, if Dad's up there watching me, please, listen to the message I'm sending him from my heart to his,"I might need a hand to see him again someday. Lord have mercy, it seems I don't have a prayer. I just know I want to go where the streets are gold cause he'll be there. Help me to see Your ship that will carry me to him. When mine becomes too torn and battered lift me up to finish the final voyage in." by Lance Gargus
"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels