Friday, November 02, 2007

He's In Better Hands Now



As I drop the oxygen mask from my hand,I comment,"He's in better hands now. He's safe from this moment on."

I watch the shadows of the night flee from the skyline. He reaches for the Hands one last time. The rays shine through the clouds as his soul is flying home. He had no doubt he was in better hands now. Times came when he would stand in awe at the mountains God moved. Yesterday was now gone for him. It felt like the breath of Jesus was right there in that room.


Remembering that moment seems like a lifetime ago to me. My life at present fills like I stand on shifting sand. I struggle to get my balance. My light has been darkened by the shadows of the night. I constantly reach for help. Through prayer I seek Him. My faith seems to run out. My prayer seems to go up and slap me back in the face. The night sun sets in my life and I feel fear. The silence is all around me.

Where else can go in these moments? Who has ever understood when no one else could? When words elude me? When prayers escape me? I sit still and know that he is God. I can't do anything else. I can't bring anymore. I've used up all my resources. I have nothing left. I surrender myself to better hands than mine.

by

Lance Gargus
Books:Christianity,Bible,Jesus,Angels,Soul,God,Holy Spirit,Doves,Love,Children,Heaven,Soul Searching,Counseling

No comments:

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels