Monday, February 15, 2016

Hidden Sins


Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Hebrews 4:13

Oh, Dear Lord,
When I am all alone and noone can see me, You still can. You see my hidden sins that noone else does. Your all seeing eyes reveal what others are unaware of. The contents of my heart are lain before You on Your table. The vileness of these secret things sicken me. Your light forces me to behold these things buried within. I do these when I think noone else is looking. Whether I'm holding hatred in my heart for another who has wronged me, lusting after the things of others instead of being content with what You have given me, saying to myself that I'm too busy for someone cause I have all these other things to do, and making excuses to myself for all these things.
Though others may not know about the darkest recesses of my heart, You do. Drag them out into Your light. Help me to let go of these things. May I do some Spring cleaning of my soul. Your sunlight is the best disinfectant for stuff that is hidden in the dark. Well, pull the shades back on the windows of my heart and disinfect me.
So when that demon of hidden sins comes back to try to set up house again, it'll be so bright in here he'll have to find residence elsewhere.
May Your Book be the broom I need to keep my house in order.
Amen.

No comments:

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels