Sunday, June 19, 2016

Little Girl And Her Father Were Crossing A Bridge



Little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.





The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter,"Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river.





"The little girl said, "No, Dad. You hold my hand."





"What's the difference?" Asked the puzzled father.





"There's a big difference," replied the little girl."





If I hold your hand and something happens to me,chances are that I may let your hand go.





But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens,you will never let my hand go."





In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond.





So hold the hand of the person who loves you rather than expecting them to hold yours... This message is too short......but carries a lot of feelings.


How many times have I held my little girls hands? From the moment I first held her, to the times we cross the street, to moments when she is afraid or sad.

In this small moments in time, I realize the importance and responsiblity that God has placed on me.

Yet, I wouldn't trade it all for nothing.

I find myself wanting to hold her a little longer the older she gets.

As if I can hold back time, in my small way I try to make the memory last.

I just want to feel her small hand in mine a little while longer.

So much love is transferred in that hand.

The look of reassurance on her face is so nice.

All too soon a beautiful young lady will be standing in front of me.

Thank you God for memories.

In my heart, I will always be holding her hand.

by

Lance Gargus

No comments:

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels