Friday, July 21, 2017

What Is Love?

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.


Psalm 51:10




I lie in my bed soaked with sadness. Recalling the thousand upon thousands of times I've failed you, just today alone. I can't hear my one true friend anymore. This is like death to me. My tearful eyes sees that I can't do this life without you. I feel my soul within weep for you, oh, Lord. It seems as though my sadness has no end. I try to pull myself up, but I keep falling in. This downward spiral of despair tugs at me.




I wander in the wilderness with no way out, not knowing where the paths lead. The sun is going down soon. My insides shake to my core. My strength is almost gone.




As my heart breaks and shatters on the floor, I mutter a desperate plea. "Won't you come lift me?"




In times past, you lifted me up with my soul soaring over mountains high, lifting me in your own strength whispering to me your perfect word.




Now I'm down here in this valley. My soul wants to fly to you. "I can't Lord cause I have such feeble wings."




Only in this valley where you allow me to remain, do I realize a truth. "I need you, oh, Lord, I need you. I love you more than life."


by


Lance Gargus
"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels