Sunday, January 07, 2018

Fountain Of Life

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Revelation 21:6


The fountain of life is mentioned throughout the Bible. It is a place where we can go to become renewed and reborn. Baptism is an example of the fountain of life. But how wonderful would be to catch a glimpse of this fountain.


My mother had a dream about standing in a majestic garden. The most loveliest one she had ever seen. In the midst was a water fountain with an angel watching over everything. The abundance of flowers and plant life was astounding to behold. In the distance, she could make out an image of a woman. The woman was smiling and standing by the fountain. The woman seemed so familiar. My mother walked closer to get a better view. At that moment, the woman's features came into view.


A face she had recognized since her birth. "Mother?" she cried with question in her voice. "I am so happy here,"her mother softly spoke back. Oh, how, my mother wanted to hug her mother and tell her so many things. As she stepped forward her mother stepped back. She wanted to go with her so badly. "No, not yet," she sadly said,"Your dad and Jim are here with me."


From behind the cascading water, she could make out two shapes. They stepped out into view from behind the fountain with smiles on their faces. She tried to step forward again to go to them. In unison, they put their hands up, and said,"Not yet, but it will be soon."


I know the twilight of my mother's life draws near. It doesn't make it any easier. But I know, in my heart, that there is One who has put a fountain in a garden for those who trust in Him. That's all I need to know.


by

Lance Gargus
"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels