Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Empty This Vessel


Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Matthew 5:6
My Creator,
I know how far I can stray. Seeking the ways of man. Trying to fill myself with this world. But it always leaves me wanting more. It's never quite enough. The father of lies leads so many prodigals away. He whispers words of vain ambition. Allowing myself to be filled with selfishness inside. As the poison of my pride slowly kills me, separating me from You.
The vessel that I am becomes filled with his lies. God, empty it and fill it with your truth.
Amen.


by

Lance Gargus


"There once was in man a true happiness of which now remain to him only the mark and empty trace, which he in vain tries to fill from all his surroundings, seeking from things absent the help he does not obtain in things present. But these are all inadequate, because the infinite abyss can only be filled by an infinite and immutable object, that is to say, only by God Himself."
Pascal, Blaise
"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels