Sunday, January 20, 2019

Hide And Seek

And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day,... hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Then the Lord God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?" Genesis 3:8-9

I have been living in this house almost since the day I was born.

At times, these walls have seen me happy, other times it has seen me torn. They've had a front row seat to the breaking of my heart.

I remember running down the hallway with my brother playing hide and seek.

I didn't know I was searching for You, Heavenly Father, to notice me.

Sometimes I felt alone and undiscovered as children at that age often due.

I felt alone in a crowd, when I was really seeking You.

I want answers from You.

I ask,"Why do love ones have to die?"

No answer. I seek but never find.

The answer speaks to my heart of why and then I see You.

I see You, and I am the thorn in Your crown.

I see You, and I am the sweat from Your brow.

I see You, and I am the nail in your wrist.

I see You, and I am Judas' kiss.

See now, I am the man who yelled out from the crowd for Your blood to be spilled on this earth shaking ground.

And then, I turned away with this smile on my face, with this sin in my heart, trying to bury your grace, as I am the stone rolled in front of Your tomb.

Yet, in spite of this, alone in the night, I still called out for You and ask, "Why?" I am so ashamed of my life and the reasons I doubt.

By this I am stilled.

In that moment, I feel a gentle breeze on my face carrying Your answer to me.... "Trust child, I love you anyways." by Lance Gargus
"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels