Tuesday, December 24, 2019

To Run Barefoot








For a boy, I had been doing extraordinary things, which caused much wonder. Before I could walk, I could play on the piano, with one finger, any tunes that I heard, then, gradually, with all fingers, even the complex melodies played by blind Mr. Maynard, who, to me, was the greatest man in all the world.Mr. Maynard lived in the dark but walked and talked with God in the Light. And what the soul of Creation told his Soul, he told me – and I walked and talked with God in those early days in His wonderlands of Peat Meadow and the huge oaks down in Bachelder’s wilds where nobody went but me, for no one else in all My World heard what I heard there – nor saw what I saw there – so it was mine alone, all that glory just mine alone.
Walter Russell





Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.





To run,

barefoot,

over the hills.

Through the woods: into the meadow,

splashing in the clear streams.

Chasing the rainbow,

marvelling at it's splendor.

Hear the "mocking bird".

Gazing up at the peaceful sky,

so filled with stars.

Life so uncluttered,

peace reigns.

The lowing of the cows,

as they wind their way to their offspring.

So adored by the children.

All noises,

the noise of life.

Life in a setting of,

of contentment,

of satisfied souls at peace with all,

with life.

Now the dinner bell rings,

or is it?

Startled,

reverie broken;

what now?

Life quickens-

time truly doth have wings!

Pass on,

pass on,

but remember-

thy thirst is quenched each moment,

will sometime be a new memory.

by

James Gargus


"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels