Sunday, January 21, 2024

Jehovah Jireh

 Jehovah Jireh. The Lord will provide. That’s easy to say when everything is dependable. It’s hard to say when you reach for that checkbook and there’s no money there. Or when the car is on empty and your trying to make it to a gas station. And the next one ain’t for miles. How about when you shoot that big buck and can’t find him? No matter how long you search. Reaching into darkness and not sure what is there. 


This is where true Faith starts. I try to patient. I try to understand. I remember the words of Shadrack, Meshack and Abindigo. Whether our God saves or doesn’t we still won’t worship the statue. Hey, let’s be real. That takes a lot of Faith. When that loved one doesn’t come home from the hospital, that job lets you go after all those years, that person tells lies about you and others believe it, or you can’t feel His presence anymore. 


I shot the biggest buck I ever killed. Big ten point. Walked up to him. Layed out on the ground. Go back to vehicle to bring it down to retrieve him. He’s gone. No blood trail. No indent in the ground.  No tracks around where he was. Like he vanished. Who knows what happened? Other hunters speculated with me. But it’s still disappointing. But God let me have the experience but not the reward. 


Cause he knows I might have took the credit and not Him. He allows me just enough of anything that’s sufficient for me. I’m not saying I ain’t hurt. But like I said in a previous post. He’s Spirit is better that a 1000 bucks hanging on the wall. 


I’m learning how to accept the experience and not the reward. Acceptance, contentment, in all circumstances. Paul learned from these examples that God was making his heart over for his heart to feel for others by his experiences…..


So that ten point buck has fattened up the coyotes as I hear them yelp. As the sunsets 🌅 I remember there will always be Jehovah Jireh the God who provides what is sufficient for me. And I can thank Him enough. Hug 🤗 Connor Gargus, my son who went on to be with Ypu, a little tighter for me Jesus as I learn to accept Your will not mine.


"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels