Sunday, October 28, 2007

I Turn My Heart Toward Home

Young people must learn that none of the exciting and entertaining fun things are worth it if they take you off the path that will lead you back home to your Heavenly Father.
William R. Bradford








The car door slams shut,





a page has been turned.





Now I must put into practice,





family lessons I had learned.





As first, my Heart turned toward Home.










The campus was huge and strange,





the college buildings tall and cold.





Somehow the sun had hidden itself from sight,





as the lonely scene unfolds.





Again, my Heart turns toward Home.










Strange people, they don't speak,





just pause, turn and stare,





at a small town clean cut youth,





who, at once they dubbed a square.





In alien territory, the Heart turns toward Home.










As I registered with the Dean,





I could tell by the books,





that the lessons these folks had learned





hadn't come from college textbooks.





Their Hearts were set against Home.










The dormitory grotesque and gray,





you got the sensation of a tomb.





The stench of tobacco and marijuana





filtered sickeningly into your room.





Again my Heart turns to my clean, healthy Home.





Oh, yes, the Heart doth yearn for Home.





Look toward Home, Oh, Heart.





Home Sweet Home.





by





James Gargus


Books:Christianity,Bible,Jesus,Angels,Soul,God,Holy Spirit,Doves,Love,Children,Heaven,Soul Searching,Counseling

No comments:

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels