Saturday, February 03, 2007

I visited the place...

My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest. - Isaiah 32:18
I visited the place,

where as a youngster I romped.


I looked for a sign


of those carefree joys we shared,


as children, yet


no sign,


only memories,


haunting, poingnant.


My loved ones, all gone,


their footprints, upon my heart,


their voices yet ringing out,


their love, still present, heavy upon me,


their presence though transparent,


so visible in my heart.


My mind, my heart, my soul,


never to depart, or deminish.


The homeplace, is there, crumbling,


but majestic still,


a childish haven.


My Mother's arms,


her warm voice.


My Father's sterness,


his very nature,


sincerity, protection.


Brothers, Sisters-


The then, confusion,


so mind treasured now as precious experiences.


by


James Gargus
Key Search Words:Christianity, Bible, Jesus, Angels, Soul Searching, God, Holy Spirit, Doves, Love, Children, Heaven

No comments:

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels