Sunday, January 21, 2007

Wedding Anniversary


<
This would have been my mother and father's 39th wedding anniversary. She does miss him so. This first year with all these milestones without him has not become any easier. If anything it has become harder. Time they say heals all wounds. It's hard to heal sometimes when they seem to keep being reopened. The callousness of others is definitely hard to take. But it helps you to appreciate the very few who generally care.
She cares. He was buried with his ring. She said,"I gave it to him as a token of our love. I won't take it away from him now." And that is how she holds him in her heart.
I,though, mark this date with the thought of what my dad wrote my mother in a letter. It was written not to long after they married. But it carried the emotion of how he felt for her in his heart. Here it is in his words:

Darling Louise,

I love you with all of my heart- and you sure don't look to be 34 years old. You are a wonderful wife and person-

Darling I have gone to Tennessee yard to get my check, hope you make it home OK. See you when I return.

your hubby,
Jim
LOVE

I believe in wishing wells,
I believe in you.
I believe in wedding bells,
I believe in you.
Even when you're fast asleep,
I love to watch you there.
Even when my thoughts are deep,
I feel your presence there.
You're in my heart,
my mind,
my life,
I love, love, love you-
My darling wife.
Key Search Words:Christianity, Bible, Jesus, Angels, Soul Searching, God, Holy Spirit, Doves, Love, Children, Heaven






No comments:

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels