Friday, August 17, 2007

God's Face



Our destiny is to be so intimately united with God that, as the mystics say, we not only see God’s face but also see with God’s face.
— Peter Kreeft, The God Who Loves You



My children sometimes get that sleep in their eyes, rubbing with little hands, wanting to stay awake. Finally, giving in they both settle in with their heads on my chest. I carry one in each arm. Why do I feel like my heart's gonna burst? I'm willing to die for these angels at rest. And why am I filled with unshakable faith when I look at these children so fragile and sweet? There's something eternal I see in their face. Something much more than their mother and me. Maybe something of God's face in the way they smile back at me.

Shouldn't we see God's face in others? His likeness maybe distorted at times on faces by sin. The devil likes to distort our eyesight of others. Look at people through God's eyesight. You can't help but love them then. My children being used by God helped me to see. My vision needed to be brought back into focus. Inside every adult whether a murderer, prostitute, drug dealer, liar, or whatever is a small child. That is how God wants us to be.


God is like a light. We are like mirrors. Some mirrors are new, like children. They reflect the light and the image the best. We adults have broken glass that is shattered beyond recognition. We distort the light and the image by reflecting it wildly about the place. When God comes up to the small child to look in the mirror, he sees a perfect reflection staring back at Him. Inside every broken and shattered mirror is the original. Lucifer, the father of lies, leads you to believe the illusion that you are broken beyond repair. Only Christ, God's handyman, can see the true condition of your mirror. He has the ability to restore it to it's original luster.


Once this luster is restored, the Christian gets together with other fixed mirrors to reflect the light of Christ off each other into the darkest, remotest corners of the earth. As adults our mirrors our bigger and once fixed shine brighter, but a child is the catalyst that starts off the whole chain reaction from God. Spreading around the four corners of the globe.


May Christ take the blinders off our eyes. And as the psalmist said in Psalms 17:5,"As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." Hopefully, we can go to the mirror when we get up to start our day and truly see God's likeness staring back at us.

by

Lance Gargus

Books:Christianity,Bible,Jesus,Angels,Soul,God,Holy Spirit,Doves,Love,Children,Heaven,
Soul Searching

5 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

As always, you get me thinking about all the things I miss out of in life--the little details that spell grace.

AngelBaby said...

Lovely post, I enjoyed reading it. I hope things are going well for you and your family. I am keeping all of you in my prayers. I hope you find peace soon.

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

LDL said...

Great blog..

Gigi said...

What a wonderful post Lance! I'm always blessed when I stop by - thank you...

Karl R said...

Wonderful post. It reminds me of John's exhortation to love...

1 Jn 3:11 For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1 Jn 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and kwhoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.


1 Jn 4:11-12 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

Grace and peace,
Karl

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels