Thursday, August 09, 2007

Holding Hands

As I carry my son into the church house, I look at my wife beside me. She reaches for my hand to hold it. Holding my hand I realize the significance of this. Reaching out she connects with us both. Realizing what our love with God's help had created together.

I looked at her small hand in mine. Grasping it contently we walked in together. Sitting down on the pew, I looked at her hand in mine. My son snuggled up on my shoulder. If God hadn't made her for me,why does her hand fit so perfectly into mine? This thought runs through my mind. I take it in and dwell on it. Letting it soak in as I rub her hand. I look at our hands and she smiles as if to say,"My heart has been waiting for these days, my love."

Squeezing my hand to let me know,"Hey, you, I am here for you." My soul hopes, even until my death, to be holding her hand at the end of my days.

So much is said unspoken through holding hands. Such as my strength is your strength and together we will over come each others weaknesses. The two clasped hands seem to murge together as one. Stronger than the one hand by itself.

With hands held tight we form a chain linking families from the past and present together. Uniting two seperate families into one. God said for husband and wife to become one flesh, that is true.

There is times though, I feel like more than our physical hands hold each other. It seems that our very souls touch and hold each others hands even when we are apart. Words escape me sometimes, but how she makes me feel does not.
Her fingers are so long and skinny like mine. They are even shaped like mine. Making a perfect grasp around each individual finger.

How wonderful to be able to hold my best friend's hand. Walking with me and sometimes guiding me in the dark times of my life. Supporting me one day when I'm to old to make it by myself. At other times holding my hand, urging me to follow her when she wants to show me her love alone. Sometimes gripping my hand as tight as she can when she's scared and doesn't want to be alone. I grip back to reassure silently that we stand together. For when I fall she falls, when she stands I stand, but we do it together as one.

The best use of her hand is to hold it in the moonlight and dance together until dawn.

Holding hands is God's kind and loving way to allow us to express our love to each other. the day will come when she lets go of my hand and gives it to God at my death. Thank you, God, for the day when you give my hand back to her. Grasping it once again as we embrace never to be seperated again.

His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me.

Song of Solomon 2:6

"Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end."Source Unknown

by
Lance Gargus

Books:Christianity,Bible,Jesus,Angels,Soul,God,Holy Spirit,Doves,Love,Children,Heaven,
Soul Searching

7 comments:

Susan said...

Gosh, I never thought of holding hands that way. Beautifully expressed.

franx said...

I want to have a romantic couple and holding her hand like in your post..Great Lance

Gigi said...

What a beautiful post Lance...I can tell you that I was holding my Sweet Hubby's hand as he left me and went to be with the Lord. There is no greater blessing than to be that connected. I pray that you always hold tightly to your wife's hand. You are each other's strength, as my Sweet Hubby was mine and I, his.

AngelBaby said...

My Late husband and I held hands allot especially when we were going to sleep (I don't know why or when that started - we just did) The day he died I had just had surgery and had to stay down in bed. When everyone left me alone in the bed to get some sleep I felt him holding my hand as if he was there with me once again. It felt so real and good.

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Kim said...

Lance, this was just so beautiful and brought tears to my eyes.

Kim said...

This is just so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes. I love all that holding hands represents, and you said it very eloquently. Thank you for this, and God bless you!

S.A. said...

Beautiful this post "Holding Hands"! And also beautiful the way you show your love for your wife. Very sensible and touching! God bless your life together with this feeling always present in your marriage.

Happy Easter my Friend!

Sónia

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels