Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Greatest Love


For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16



People need loving the most when they deserve it the least. --John Harrigan


This neat little trick could open up the door to witness to someone. Open your Bible up to the middle. Fold the pages without bending them. Only one on the left and one on the right. Curl both around and insert the ends back into the Bible. Notice that it makes a heart shape. Oh, the Great Love of God.



The Greatest Love... holds the world together.



... shows God and is not self-centered.



... displays the Greatest Power as a burning fire.



... exhibits the suffering Christ endured.



... governs all that God does.



... extends love to your neighbor, even the unlovable ones.



... reveals God's gift of patience, kindness, and humility as a hymn.



... binds all other loves together with His divine love.



... rebukes jealousy, boastfulness, arrogance, rudeness, and resentfulness.



... proves the cross of Calvary was given as a ransom for freedom.



... declares the worth of man by God making him in his own image.



... imparts faith that can face anything.



... discloses love of family, church, and others.



... uncovers the mysteries of life in words that are indescribable.



by Lance Gargus




Books:Christianity,Bible,Jesus,Angels,Soul,God,Holy Spirit,Doves,Love,Children,Heaven,
Soul Searching

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Very well done (again)!!!

Anonymous said...

Lance,

That was a good post, very welcome to read. I am guessing you disabled your comments feature--any reason why? I'm getting trolled right now--at first I put up with it, then it was getting obsense, attacking my faith and my husband. I'm trying a program that redirects the troll from my blog to another site. I'm sick of opening my email and having to see all this.

How are things going for you?

Lance, I submitted a prayer request on your site--even put my other email account. I don't want to go into it, but I've suffered from post traumatic stress in the past and I think it's creeping up--I'm getting afraid to leave my house; my heart beats and I am paralyzed. John was driving me to work, but now our car is broken beyond repair. I have to get past this. Would you pray for me?


Thanks for your friendship.


Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Lance, I am grateful for your comments. Thanks for visiting Dreambuilders Australia. The world is a bit more uplifted because of your efforts on your website and comments elsewhere as well. Happy belated Halloween!

Love & Light,
Liara

Anonymous said...

Love is such a broad subject. You remind your readers that it is always possible to expand on what they think they already know.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. God's love for us is so amazing, no matter what we do or say he still loves us. Thank you for sharing this.

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Gigi said...

Beautiful post Lance! I'll be back to read that again and again! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi great work as usual I can really associate the reading and prayer

Carol said...

Nice post Lance! :)

Anonymous said...

Love exists in infinite forms. Every human beign has access to them all. They begin and end in the mind.

Anonymous said...

The Greatest Love... that's very well written. You have an amazing writings... I'm glad I found them. :)

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels