Sunday, September 30, 2007

I Rest In the Love That is Divine

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

"To every toiling, heavy-laden sinner, Jesus says, ‘Come to me and rest’. But there are many toiling, heavy-laden believers, too. For them this same invitation is meant. Note well the words of Jesus, if you are heavy-laden with your service, and do not mistake it. It is not, ‘Go, labor on,’ as perhaps you imagine. On the contrary, it is stop, turn back, ‘Come to me and rest.’ Never, never did Christ send a heavy laden one to work; never, never did He send a hungry one, a weary one, a sick or sorrowing one, away on any service. For such the Bible only says, ‘Come, come, come.’ Author: Taylor, Hudson

I feel His gentle hands across my feverish brow as I pray,

Hell brews inside of me everyday.

His weary boy,

Longing for his first Joy.

Darkness chases me,

Lying deep in shadows of lament.


Every ounce of strength already spent.


Their hands want to choke me,

Longing to watch me fall.


To suffer while they laugh and kick,

While watching me crawl.


In my ear they whisper Death and solitude,

Driving me further away from You.


Pursuing me with lies and fears,

Trying to seperate me from the One I hold dear.


I struggle to pray,

Desperately trying to find the words to say.


They work together to distract my mind,

They hate You for loving all of mankind.


I feel their hands on my back,

Pulling me free of You.


Tears fall slowly,

As they try to tell me what to do.


I know I just have to mention Your name,

They spell bind me with fear and shame.


I can't move my lips,

I can't move my mind,

My folded hands are intertwined.


Infesting me,

Killing me with sharp tools,

And tightening ropes.


Humiliating me with false hope.


They lick their lips and watch me struggle,


A toy to them amongst the rubble.


I heard you coming before they did,

The mighty wind that can't be hid.


Filling my ears and all my senses,

Fiery bright light came that cleanses.


I hear the shrieks of bloody doom,

Of darkness driven out as love fills my room.


With the sword of love,

You cut me free.


No longer enchained by the dark ones devouring needs.


Why couldn't I have just uttered your name long ago?


Your gracious protection just waiting to bestow.


I can only look in your eyes and ask,

"Do you still love me seeing me beneath my mask?"


On bended knee my prayer words would falter,

Knowing all along to just lay it on Your altar.


Full of heaven's love your dove comes to me and says,

“Look beyond your beaten brow,

Victory lies before you now.


You never end,

You never die,

Look beyond your mortal eyes.


Reach beyond this life's fleeting rewards,

Embrace life, my love, forevermore."


Letting go of this body of mine,

I rest in the love that is Divine.


by

Lance Gargus

Books:Christianity,Bible,Jesus,Angels,Soul,God,Holy Spirit,Doves,Love,Children,Heaven,
Soul Searching,Counseling

No comments:

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels