"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Monday, September 17, 2007

Resentment



Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Matthew 18:21-22


Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

Author: Anonymous


Gracious Father,

You teach us in Your prayer to forgive. So how can I ask you to forgive me, if I cannot forgive others? Oh, how I want to be forgiven. I need to be forgiven. God, I think about all those folks that I have resented - from my childhood on. Help me to learn to forgive those who "did me wrong" in my growing up years. Take away this resentment that eats away at me like a cancer. Show me another way to live. In releasing this anger, allow me to filled with Your love for all.

On bended knee, before Your throne, I plead,

Amen.


Books:Christianity,Bible,Jesus,Angels,Soul,God,Holy Spirit,Doves,Love,Children,Heaven,
Soul Searching

2 comments:

Jeff V said...

Great post! I love the prayer too!

Jeff
http://www.GODSurfer.com/
"If you have Articles, Blogs or Sites you want to share with other Christians,
add them at http://www.GODSurfer.com/ - Where you can help to bring God Online!"

Enemy of the Republic said...

I needed this. Actually I always need this.

Labels