Tuesday, December 05, 2023

My Grandchildren








My two grandchildren are a boy 4 and a girl 9. To some people it may not mean much, but to me they are the joy of my life. The cute things they say sometime fills my heart with happiness.



Like one day I pick my grandddaughter up from school. We started to leave. She said,"Oh, Mamaw, wait I left something. I need to go get it."



"What did you leave?"



With big, blue eyes she looked up at me and said,"Flowers I pick up in the yard. They are in my desk."



"They will be alright till tomorrow."



She reached over and hugged me saying,"Mamaw, I pick them for you. It's your favorite color, purple."



So I let her go get them. Coming back to the car, she put them in my hands while saying,"I love you."It made me cry with happiness.



On another occasion, my grandson was at my house. I was setting in the living room just resting. He came in and set down by me. I reached over and pat him on the head.

"You so cute,"he exclaimed.

"You my sweet grandson."

Looking at me and he said,"You my pretty and sweet Mamaw. I love you," as he put his little arms around my neck.

I lost their grandfather almost three years ago. And when I am a sad they are there so help me go on. I start thinking all I have to be thankful for. Two wonderful sons who are here for me, a sweet daughte-in-law, and grandchildren. I have a good family.

By

Louise Gargus

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels