Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Job’s Three Friends


Job's three friends live a distance from him, but they come together and decide to visit Job in order to help him mourn. For the first seven days, they merely sit with him, quietly. They do not say a word. They support him, let him have his sadness and be there with him in his time of trial. 

Job’s friends start off I believe feeling sorry for Job. But as they started trying. to figure out why Job had this happen to him. They became terrible comforters after that. 

The Bible says… And He burned with anger against Job’s three friends because they had failed to refute Job, and yet had condemned him. Job 32:3 

I have often wondered how I have come off giving comfort. This is by no means any condemnation to anyone over my present condition with my son. But it makes me reevaluate my sense of comfort to those hurting. Do I start off good and end it like Job’s friends? Do I start with good intentions and end it with my blabbering that sounds more like preaching and less like being a shoulder to lean on? 


When the night has come

And the land is dark

And the moon is the only light we'll see

No, I won't be afraid

Oh, I won't be afraid

Just as long as you stand

Stand by me

So darlin', darlin', stand by me

Oh, stand by me

Oh, stand

Stand by me, stand by me

If the sky that we look upon

Should tumble and fall

Or the mountain should crumble to the sea

I won't cry, I won't cry

No, I won't shed a tear

Just as long as you stand

Stand by me

And darlin', darlin', stand by me

Oh, stand by me

Oh, stand now

Stand by me, stand by me

And darlin', darlin', stand by me

Oh, stand by me

Oh, stand now 

Stand by me, stand by me

Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me

Oh, stand by me

Won't you stand by


Am I someone to stand by someone or am I someone that others would rather avoid? 

As my soul searching unfolds with each chapter of my life I ponder upon these things in my heart.


 

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels