Thursday, October 19, 2006

Voices

The voice of the judge, detailing the responsibility of the jury; the voice of the jury foreman, guilty as charged. The sound of sentence being imposed by a judge, who has too long sat there and has either been calloused or discouraged, withdrawn. The cry of the sinner repenting, remorseful and sad.The barren guessing of the preacher to the good and bad: take sides, marshall your troops, the battle lines are drawn.

Then there's the soft voice of my beloved wife as I trudge in the door,"Welcome home darling, I missed you and love you, it's good you're here." The boys home from school, with a casual,"Hi Dad, love ya," flittering like two shadows, gone like two tears.

The apologetic voice of the foreman, as he drones,"I have to let you go, I'm sorry, things are bad, you know! Reduction in force, so we're told!" The voice of the interviewer in the unemployment office,"Employers, length of service, each one, reason for leaving, salary you draw, the one you require, or ask," he says and then,"We have no openings!" What they're saying- you're too old!

The dreaded sympathetic voice of the physician. As he intones to unwilling despairing ears,"I've done all I can; I'm terribly sorry, I wish I could have done more."

The bereaved ones, whose "heart rending wails," rolls over and through the heart and ears, as your heart breaks for them, over and over.
by
James Gargus

These voices are forever coming to the ears of an Almighty God from the earth. My dad had insight into the suffering and problems of others.

Key Search Words:Christianity, Bible, Jesus, Angels, Soul Searching, God, Holy Spirit, Doves, Love, Children, Heaven

No comments:

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels