Monday, January 18, 2016

Don't Let Someone Steal Your Joy and Happiness

My father use to say, "Don't let someone steal your joy and happiness. Don't allow them to determne how you feel." I wonder through the pain how this concept truly works cause no man is an island. And your reflection of who are is by how others react to you. Yet, my dad had transcended this. He had reached a point in his life where he made a choice. A choice to be happy in spite of the painful darts life threw at him. And as I carry his and my brothers crosses and endure the ...struggles they endured. I realize on this path, they went before me. They left provisions of knowledge and wisdom to help guide me on this path. Roadmarkers to strengthen and encourage my heart. And a guidebook with these words written on the inside,"Godspeed and safe journey toward home. Though the sun maybe setting and the pain seems unbearable. Our Lord said, Pain endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning."
by
Lance Gargus
"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels