Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Pocket New Testament



For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.
Luke 9:24

You know the kind of New Testament. It is small enough to fit in a shirt pocket. Mine was given to me when I was born. In later years, I came to treasure it like an heirloom. Never really looking at in much detail in my busy live.

One night I felt drawn to pick it up off the shelf where it had been sitting. Other Bibles I read sit by my bedside nightstand. This one stood out from the others. Not only had it been given to me at my birth, but what also made it unique was its exterior. My family's home had burned to the ground not long after my birth. Few things were salvageable from the fire.

This lone New Testament was one of them. Just like me it had made it. And like me in life it was forever scarred by what life had done to it. The exterior was burned and though I was not scarred by the flames I forever changed. The fires I face like this book was trials by fire. The part that burned in the interior was only the book of Revelation.

I don't know if this has special meaning or not. My life seems to become the most burned toward the end later in life. As the trails come in life, they will grow in more intensity. But like this pocket New Testament I will survive to the end. Whatever God wills,will be. Whether I live or die, God is still Lord and if through my living it spreads His gospel so be it or my death so be it. My life is not my own but His.
by
Lance Gargus

Key Search Words:Christianity, Bible, Jesus, Angels, Soul Searching, God, Holy Spirit, Doves, Love, Children, Heaven

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing..makes you think.....
Diane

Here & Beyond said...

for so long i dont feel God close to me..the sun doesnt rise to everyone..God has always the choosen and Im not one of them.
but im glad the He ahd choosen you to be safe and happy.

i guess it is like a big family..dad and mom always love some more than others..i mean..a closer empaty..and how i was always different I dont have any empaty at all.

someday..if i meet God i will ask Him why.

Here & Beyond said...

In few words you have described me so well. Maybe is the destiny that this God have chosen for me...being lonely. I dont believe in love anymore. Sometimes I think that I dont want any more chances cause in each chance I've got I was hurt or I did it by myself.

I dont know even if I wanna die..cause to where He will send me?

Thanks for your prayings. I really want to wake up one day and feel that Im alive again.

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels