Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Stones Will Cry Out

And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
Luke 19:40

It's always the obvious and the simple things I overlook. These things are right in front of me. You, my God, are trying to give me a message. Isn't that the way life is? In front of your eyes, you miss the little things.

My children continue to lead me in small ways. They help me to see the unseeable. The angels guide their hearts to always seek Him out in the world around them. Their eyes see the hidden treasures God has planted everywhere. Even in the worst, they find the light. Children who believe are God's secret weapon against the dark one.

My daughter, after we were finished eating, was doing as she always does after a meal. She ran outside the restaurant along the river to explore. She sat down on the ground and proceeded to pick through stones. Searching ever carefully and discarding one after another. This quest was quite amusing to me. I had seen her stack them and other things before. Now it had took on an intensity to find the one. "Daddy, I found it. This is the One," was her shrill of excitement. Handing me the stone I opened my hand. "Girl, it is just a stone," I said glaringly smiling at her. Then, like she has before, said to look closer. "See the cross inside a house," she politely pointed out with her girlish voice.

There it was sure enough like a hidden treasure. It was the first time I had seen something like that. It was rustic and primitive and seemed to carry so much insight. This cross was not made by man, but made by God. It seemed to represent a message of God's love inside our hard hearts. I never lost the image of that stone.

Archeologist continue to find sites that confirm the Bible's authenticity. As the church become more complacent and quiet in this Laodecian church period, the stones will cry out His name. But who would hear them, but those with a pure heart. Matthew 11:25 says, At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. " Amen and Amen.

Pray, then, as we all soul search that we can see the hidden things of God.
by
Lance Gargus
Books:Christianity,Bible,Jesus,Angels,Soul,God,
Holy Spirit,Doves,Love,Children,Heaven

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was an incredible, story with your daughter. I could hear her picking out the stones. I could see her showing you the stone she found. Thank you for showing me that God IS in everything, and everywhere.

Here & Beyond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Here & Beyond said...

The most beautiful in this post is seeing how much you love your daughter and share with her with all your soul. A family is a treasure and we need to keep is safe as you do.

1 Corinthians 13
Love
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Congratulations for your beautiful new design here. The main pic is wonderful and is like a hope.
Thanks for sharing.

Here & Beyond said...

Im sorry..I wrote too much at the last time. But something is happening and I also put this part of the Bible in my "about me". I dont know where God is but I cant keep saying that he is dead (as my quote before).

Thank you for sharing all these beautiful messages in your blog.

Michael said...

A very touching story indeed Lance. There is no doubt in my mind that it is times sush as these that prompted Jesus to tell us to become as little children!

Thank you also for your visit. If you don't mind, I am going to add this link to my site!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lance, thanks for visiting me. This is a beautiful story indeed and the third time in as many days that someone has mentioned the verse, Luke 19:40 to me. I think God is trying to tell me something!

Enemy of the Republic said...

Here is where you may regret that you ever visited my page because I do plan on reading your blog. Let me ask you this: why do archeologists need to prove the Bible's authenticity? Who needs to know? In my line of work, where people of faith are seen as morons, and atheists are the true intellectuals, I am always confronted with the "no record of the Hebrew people in Moses", "we aren't sure where Mount Sinai is", "possibly Natheruth (sp) didn't exist until 2nd BC". Am I supposed to doubt the validity of the bible because some guys didn't dig up a few fossils? Truth can be found in the scientific method, but it is also a question of what we seek in our collective unconscious. I see the Bible as a series of oral histories put to paper. I don't know why Judges 19 is in the Hebrew Bible while Tobit is regulated to apocrapha. That could be human error, but it doesn't mean the Holy Spirit wasn't present. We simply the Bible because we want a how to on living life. Sacredness is not only found in the written word; stones do actually cry out as do plants, land, clouds--we limit God when we worry about proving the veracity of the Bible or any other sacred text.

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels